1. Online Privacy Practices
Your right to privacy is important to us. We are keen to strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and ensuring you obtain full value from our film download and streaming service (‘Service’). We are fully registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure we comply with all protection the Act affords to you. Further information on the Act is on the Internet at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk.
2. Information We Collect
We will collect information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with the Service. This information will include; your name, age, gender, sporting and general interests, email address, geographical region and country. To enable us to enhance your use of the Service we will also collect information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the Service (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, length of visit, page views, video stream or download patterns and general website navigation.) In some areas of our website, we ask you to provide information that will enable us to enhance your use of the Service or reply to you after your visit. This would include when you complete any online survey we may offer from time to time. When you do so we ask you to give us your name, email address, mobile phone number, landline number and other personal information.
We may use your personal data for future email mailings, our regular electronic Newsletter, support, notification of new films to download or stream, general correspondence regarding the Service and correspondence which may relate to you. If you would rather not receive future marketing emails from us please inform us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such use is strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. Every email from us comes with an easy to use unsubscribe instruction and you can be removed from our lists at any time, although this can take up to 30 days to effect.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the Service;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you marketing communications relating to the Service or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology;
- Enable you to rate films and write reviews and to provide recommendation choices for other users of the Service;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Service;
- Gather information relating to your transit to the Service via any affiliate of ours;
- Collect details about films and filmmakers including information relating to the production team involved with any film.
We may supply your personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies if we are required to do so by any applicable law. We may also disclose your data if in our opinion this is reasonable to comply with any legal process, to respond to any legal claims or actions, or to protect the rights of ourselves, or the public at large.
3. Third Party Websites
The Service contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
4. Security Of Our Website
Security is one of our highest priorities and we have devoted a great deal of effort to ensure that our online security measures help to safeguard your information. We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive information and critically-sensitive information. We hope that once you understand the measures we take to help ensure secure transactions and privacy, and the steps you can take yourself, you will be as happy about the safety of your personal data as we are.
You may share any information which you choose to disclose to other users of the Service including your name, mobile phone number and email address.
We add to the data which you give us information we obtain from third parties. You have the right to receive information about your personal data which we hold under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you believe any of your data held by us is incorrect, please contact us.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
6. Changes To This Policy
7. Further Information On Data Protection And Personal Privacy
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. For further information from us on data protection and privacy contact:
The Data Compliance Manager
Units 12 - 14 Oak House
Moorgreen Industrial Park, Engine Lane
NG16 3QU, UK
8. Data Controller
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected via the Service is SteepEdge Limited. Our data protection registration number is Z256642X.